Compost Station Regular Schedule (see Transfer Station Schedule on previous page )
Monday 7:30 am – 4:30 pm
Tuesday 12:30 pm – 4:30 pm
Wednesday 7:30 am – 4:30 pm
Thursday 12:30 pm – 4:30 pm
Friday 7:30 am – 4:30 pm
Saturday 12:30 pm – 4:30 pm
Compost Station Holiday Closings: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, Presidents’ Day, Memorial Day, Veterans Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day
COMPOST STATION ACCEPTS
• household food scraps (recycled on-island as compost )
• yard waste (recycled on-island as compost, mulch, and cordwood)
• waste motor oil (recycled on-island as fuel for office + shop furnace)
• scrap metal (recycled off-island)
• tires (recycled off-island)
• bulky household items i.e., carpets, upholstery, mattresses, textiles, furniture (recycled off-island)
• miscellaneous appliances (freon recovery on-island, appliances recycled off-island)
• e-waste including computers, printers, monitors, TVs, phones (recycled off-island)
Help us divert materials and “Move Beyond Waste”
We are here to help! Please check in with the attendant on duty. If the attendant is busy, please get their attention and wait until they can review your items and assist you.
Please call ahead before bringing large and/or heavy loads
Fee schedule available at Compost Station
FOR SALE AT COMPOST STATION
TOPSOIL $50 PER YARD
MULCH $25 PER YARD
COMPOST $50 PER YARD
Please call ahead to arrange for loading
FIWMD Dumping Abuse Policy
1st offense verbal warning/2nd offense $100/3rd offense denied use
Off-hour dumping is NOT allowed and subject to fine
I’ve heard that one can bring kitchen compost to the compost station. However, here on the FIWMD website it says “No Kitchen Waste”. Could you please clarify? In advance, thank you,
Thanks for your question. Yes, you can bring food scraps!
Is there a list of acceptable kitchen waste compost items anywhere? I remember it differs from my home compost service but cannot remember exactly. I’m interested in whether we can compost animal products (I’m thinking no since it’s an outdoor facility?) and also things like used paper towels with food waste on them, or paper sandwich wraps etc. Thanks!
Thanks for your question. We will be updating our website with a list of yes/no items for food scraps soon.